The FaTDoG Game Event Scheduler is up and running. It is easy to use and I ask that everyone planning a game session post it on the Scheduler. We will then be able to post a complete list of games, tournaments and demos at FaTDoG 2018. It is also a great way to let people know what your game interests are and to find players for your game.
Anyone can run a Game Event. I have awards and prizes to give out for people that run a tournament and those that win. We just need to know what games you would like to see in tournament format. All tournaments are friendly and we welcome new players so don’t be intimidated.
FaTDoG 2018 presale
We have brought back the FaTDoG presale The deadline is October 24.
So far we have the following companies participating. I’m waiting to hear from several others.
GMT will have a 25% discount
Compass games will have a 20% discount
Legion wargames is offering a 30% discount
Revolution games is offering a 20% discount
Dan Verssen in games is offering a 30% discount
Academy games 20% discount on only the following games: 1754, 1812 and 1775, 878 Vikings, Freedom and Mare Nostrum
Here is how to order.
- Only games that are currently in print as of the time we order can be included in your purchase. Do not order preorder games even if the company states they will be out by the time of FaTDoG. Also, if the company is currently offering a discount it is not likely as much as we are going to get . If you want a discounted game you must give me the list price and we will take the discount off from there.
- Please give me the exact name of the game, the company that publishes it, and the full list price of the game without any discounts from the publisher. This can be sent to me in a simple email to FatDogCon@aol.com and your game will not be ordered unless it contains these 3 pieces of information.
- I must have your order no later than October 24 at midnight. They will be no exceptions to this. I need time to bundle the orders and send them off to the publishers to give them time to fulfill the orders before FaTDoG.
- I have decided that we will not put the games in the FaTDoG store so that people do not have to rush to purchase them. We will revert to the old system of sending me your order and I will issue you an invoice and purchase purchase the game for you and keep them on hold. You can pick them up at FaTDoG at your leisure.
- In order to participate in the presale you must have already purchased a ticket to FaTDoG online.
Please start sending your orders in as soon as possible as it takes time to generate the invoices and collate all of the orders.
We are planning to try some new ideas at FaTDoG 2018. Please see below
The Curb Your Dog Raffle
This will be a new concept we are trying for FaTDoG 2018. This raffle will be reserved for highly sought, new, very expensive games or games that have long been out of print and are highly valued. Tickets will be $5 each and will be a special color to denote them from the Underdog raffle (see below). These games will be listed online prior to FaTDoG so everyone will have an idea what’s in this raffle. For example, we have a new complete Kickstarter version of Steve Jackson’s Ogre, a brand-new Gloomhaven, Scythe with all its expansions, Terraforming Mars and its expansions and some very rare out of print wargames.
There will be one caveat however; in order for someone to win these games in the raffle there must be a certain minimum number of tickets in the raffle cup to cover the cost of the game. Each raffle cup will clearly display the number of tickets needed in order for the winner to claim his prize. For example, Steve Jackson’s Ogre game will require a minimum of 60 tickets. We will make every effort by way of announcements prior to awarding the raffle to try to reach this level so that games can be claimed. Should there not be enough tickets in a particular game, we will pick one raffle ticket from that game’s cup and award half the money value of the tickets to that person or the person can choose to buy enough tickets to make up for the shortfall and in this way he will win the game. T In this way will be able to offer high-value, dearly sought after games in this raffle. Hence the name of the raffle… Because if you win one of these games you have truly stepped in sh@#t!