The FaTDoG Game Event Scheduler is up and running. It is easy to use and I ask that everyone planning a game session post it on the Scheduler. We will then be able to post a complete list of games, tournaments and demos at FaTDoG 2018. It is also a great way to let people know what your game interests are and to find players for your game.
Anyone can run a Game Event. I have awards and prizes to give out for people that run a tournament and those that win. We just need to know what games you would like to see in tournament format. All tournaments are friendly and we welcome new players so don’t be intimidated.
FaTDoG 2018 presale
We have brought back the FaTDoG presale The deadline is October 24.
So far we have the following companies participating. I’m waiting to hear from several others.
GMT will have a 25% discount
Compass games will have a 20% discount
Legion wargames is offering a 30% discount
Revolution games is offering a 20% discount
Dan Verssen in games is offering a 30% discount
Academy games 20% discount on only the following games: 1754, 1812 and 1775, 878 Vikings, Freedom and Mare Nostrum
Here is how to order.
- Only games that are currently in print as of the time we order can be included in your purchase. Do not order preorder games even if the company states they will be out by the time of FaTDoG. Also, if the company is currently offering a discount it is not likely as much as we are going to get . If you want a discounted game you must give me the list price and we will take the discount off from there.
- Please give me the exact name of the game, the company that publishes it, and the full list price of the game without any discounts from the publisher. This can be sent to me in a simple email to FatDogCon@aol.com and your game will not be ordered unless it contains these 3 pieces of information.
- I must have your order no later than October 24 at midnight. They will be no exceptions to this. I need time to bundle the orders and send them off to the publishers to give them time to fulfill the orders before FaTDoG.
- I have decided that we will not put the games in the FaTDoG store so that people do not have to rush to purchase them. We will revert to the old system of sending me your order and I will issue you an invoice and purchase purchase the game for you and keep them on hold. You can pick them up at FaTDoG at your leisure.
- In order to participate in the presale you must have already purchased a ticket to FaTDoG online.
Please start sending your orders in as soon as possible as it takes time to generate the invoices and collate all of the orders.
We are planning to try some new ideas at FaTDoG 2018. Please see below
The Curb Your Dog Raffle
This will be a new concept we are trying for FaTDoG 2018. This raffle will be reserved for highly sought, new, very expensive games or games that have long been out of print and are highly valued. Tickets will be $5 each and will be a special color to denote them from the Underdog raffle (see below). These games will be listed online prior to FaTDoG so everyone will have an idea what’s in this raffle. For example, we have a new complete Kickstarter version of Steve Jackson’s Ogre, a brand-new Gloomhaven, Scythe with all its expansions, Terraforming Mars and its expansions and some very rare out of print wargames.
There will be one caveat however; in order for someone to win these games in the raffle there must be a certain minimum number of tickets in the raffle cup to cover the cost of the game. Each raffle cup will clearly display the number of tickets needed in order for the winner to claim his prize. For example, Steve Jackson’s Ogre game will require a minimum of 60 tickets. We will make every effort by way of announcements prior to awarding the raffle to try to reach this level so that games can be claimed. Should there not be enough tickets in a particular game, we will pick one raffle ticket from that game’s cup and award half the money value of the tickets to that person or the person can choose to buy enough tickets to make up for the shortfall and in this way he will win the game. T In this way will be able to offer high-value, dearly sought after games in this raffle. Hence the name of the raffle… Because if you win one of these games you have truly stepped in sh@#t!
It is coming that time of year again when we all look forward to Long Island’s premier gaming event, the Friday After Thanksgiving Day of Gaming affectionately known As FaTDoG. For those of you who have never attended, FaTDoG is an all day gaming extravaganza that includes historical wargaming, historical and science-fiction miniatures, euro gaming and board gaming. It is held at the Radisson Hotel in Hauppauge, New York on Long Island. The event starts at 9 AM and ends at midnight and here’s what you’ll find when you arrive:
- an extensive gaming area with plenty of table space to accommodate everyone’s favorite games.
- A collectible FaTDoG door prize given upon admission with the proper ticket
- Gaming vendors selling your favorite historical stimulation, euro games at discounted prices
- a huge Fleamarket where you can sell your used games and by games from other attendees
- a tremendous Game Raffle where you will find all the games your heart desires. Buy tickets and take a chance to win your favorite board game
- a hot, 4 course, lunch and dinner buffet along with snacks and drinks all included in your cost of admission
- meet and play with famous game designers!
- Gaming tournaments with prizes going to the top players!
What’s New for FaTDoG 2018
Tiered Ticket Pricing – as the cost of this event has risen, I have tried to keep the entry fee reasonable. Providing all the food, drinks and snacks is a very expensive proposition. In order to keep the admission entry fee reasonable I have instituted tiered pricing for the online ticket purchases.
The $30 ticket for admission will include coupons for both the hot lunch and dinner, a collectible door prize and general admission.
The $25 ticket for admission will include only a coupon for lunch and general admission. It will not include the collectible door prize or the coupon for dinner.
Tickets purchased at the door will be $30 and will only include the price of admission. There will be no meals or door prize. These tickets can be upgraded at the door for an extra $5 for a lunch coupon and another $5 for the dinner coupon and the door prize. Therefore if you know you’re going to be attending it is best to buy your tickets ahead of time online.
Ticket sales will end on November 21 at midnight
The Curb Your Dog Raffle
This will be a new concept we are trying for FaTDoG 2018. This raffle will be reserved for highly sought, new, very expensive games or games that have long been out of print and are highly valued. Tickets will be $5 each and will be a special color to denote them from the Underdog raffle (see below). These games will be listed online prior to FaTDoG so everyone will have an idea what’s in this raffle. For example, we have a new complete Kickstarter versionof Steve Jackson’s Ogre, a brand-new Gloomhaven, Scythe with all its expansions, Terraforming Mars and its expansions and some very rare out of print wargames.
There will be one caveat however; in order for someone to win these games in the raffle there must be a certain minimum number of tickets in the raffle cup to cover the cost of the game. Each raffle cup will clearly display the number of tickets needed in order for the winner to claim his prize. For example, Steve Jackson’s Ogre game will require a minimum of 60 tickets. We will make every effort by way of announcements prior to awarding the raffle to try to reach this level so that games can be claimed. Should there not be enough tickets in a particular game, we will pick one raffle ticket from that game’s cup and award half the money value of the tickets to that person. They will not however get the game. In this way will be able to offer high-value, dearly sought after games in this raffle. Hence the name of the raffle… Because if you win one of these games you have truly stepped in sh@#t!
The Underdog Raffle – this will be the same as the raffles we always had at FaTDoG. New and used games will be raffled off for $2 a ticket with no minimum in the raffle cup.
Gaming Events at FaTDoG
We are already lining up events for FaTDoG and would hope that other attendees will come forward and run some events also. Here is just a preliminary list. More events will be posted on the website so please check this frequently.
Song of Ice and Fire demo (CMon Games)-with room for up to 8 players we will have a large Game of Thrones miniatures battle using this wonderful game system. The rules will be taught, no experience level is necessary.
Root – a demo for 4 players will be running at various times during the day
Napoleon 1806 – this wonderful game from Shakos is simple to learn rules but and the strategies and challenges.
Summoner Wars – take a faction and join the action in this very popular board game
Circus Maximus – we are trying to persuade Dave to run his wildly popular chariot race again this year.
Ironclads – the beginning of the age of steam and iron sheathed ships, we will be using the old Yaquinto board game rules but have miniatures in place of counters.
Axis and Allies – this wildly popular event will again run at FaTDoG with prizes for the top players
These are just some of the events that will be at FaTDoG missing. We encourage people to participate and run some events and tournaments. We will provide the prize for each tournament.
So all in all it is shaping up to be a very good FaTDoG 2018. Please purchase your tickets online early as this helps us know the number of attendees the venue will need to account for regarding food and beverage.
See you there!
Only 2 days left to get your FaTDoG tickets. The online ticket purchase website will be closed on 11/22/2017 at 6:00 pm! Don’t miss out on a great day of gaming at the best gaming convention in New York! Already our Attendee list has grown and this promises to be the biggest and best FaTDoG ever!
Just click on the BUY TICKET icon in the upper left sidebar and you can be coming to FaTDoG! Tickets are $20 and include vouchers for a hot lunch and dinner. Tickets purchased at the door are $25 and do not include food vouchers. (These can be purchased separately for $5 a piece.)
ARE YOU GAME FOR FaTDoG?! Don’t miss out!
Are you game for FaTDoG?!
We are a week away from FaTDoG 2017 and I’m excited to report that we have a lot of first-time attendees. It is great that word is getting out and the convention continues to grow. Please help spread the word! We once again were listed in Newsday as one of the top 10 things to do in the month of November.
Any online ticket purchases must be completed by Wednesday, 22 November. So please don’t wait for the last minute to purchase your tickets. Sales are going briskly and we don’t want you to get shut out.
We are at the same hotel as last year but it changed his name from Upsky hotel to the Radisson. We are now in the grand ballroom which will give us plenty of space. It is best if you park in the rear of the hotel and there is an entrance there to go immediately into a foyer leading to the ballroom.
Remember the following rules.
1. No food or drink may be brought from the outside into the venue. We will be providing a hot lunch and hot dinner as well as soda, coffee and tea throughout the convention. There is a full restaurant in the lobby of the hotel as well as a small bodega for purchases of drinks and snacks.
2. No alcohol or other illegal substances can be consumed at the venue.
3. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult. We encourage families to attend but we want to make this a safe and happy convention for them.
4. No pets are allowed.
5. Bring games you want to play and stuff you want to sell in the fleamarket.
6. Bring extra money to purchase from our vendors and support the FaTDoG game raffle.
7. Have fun!!
See you all in one week. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Jarett Weintraub has set up a Virtual FaTDoG Flea market on Boardgame Geek. You can list any items you plan to sell in the Flea Market at FaTDoG ahead of the convention. People can arrange to buy it ahead of time and simply pick it up at FaTDoG. Just list your items and asking price. People will message you if intereted.
We now have an official FaTDoG Game Event Scheduler dedicated solely for the gaming sessions at FaTDoG. To use the scheduler you must register at our affiliated website, Grognard.com.
Go to Grognard.com and you’ll see the FaTDoG Game Scheduler Icon in the upper right-hand corner sidebar. Click on this.
FaTDoG 2017 is fast approaching. Buy your tickets early before we are sold out! Remember that buying your tickets online gets you a discounted entry price, food vouchers for lunch and dinner and the coveted, collectible FaTDoG door prize! So just click on the “Buy ticket” link in the upper left corner of the sidebar to purchase your tickets now. Ticket prices will be higher at the door and will not include food vouchers which must be purchased separately for $5.
Winter is coming! In Westeros you would be filled with dread but not here on Long Island. The coming of Winter also brings the premier board gaming event, the Friday after Thanksgiving Day of Gaming (affectionately known as FaTDoG), and this year’s event promises to be bigger and better than ever!
It will be held on November 24, the Friday after Thanksgiving, at the same venue as last year however the hotel has changed names and is now the Radisson Hotel Long Island. The doors open at 9 AM and gaming will continue until 11 PM. We have a bigger venue space as we have now taken over the grand ballroom so everyone will be in one big room including vendors, historical board gaming, euro games, the game raffle, the fleamarket and the food service.
For those of you who’ve never attended FaTDoG, here is what you get:
- 15 hours of continuous gaming time with the best group of people anywhere
- historical board games, historical miniatures, euro games and more
- if you buy a preregistered ticket online you will get coupons for a hot lunch and hot dinner plus snacks and drinks
- local game vendors will be selling their products at discounted prices
- a large fleamarket open to anyone who wants to sell games and game related items including games, books, videos, gaming paraphernalia
- a huge game raffle
- hot and cold lunch with soft drinks and snacks
- door prizes
- special events
You can purchase your ticket online by clicking the FaTDoG link in the sidebar. Tickets are $20 and include the entry fee plus coupons for lunch and dinner. Tickets purchased at the door will be $25 and will only include your entry fee but will not include coupons for lunch and dinner.
Take some time to speak to others who have attended FaTDoG in the past and hear what they have to say about this great gaming event. So purchase your tickets early and we hope to see you there.